Give Thanks for Simple Tools
The infrastructure of my productivity is a set of tools that revolve around plain text files. Try as I might it doesn't work any other way.
I've tried tools with more “stuff” in them. Often when I try and import my modest1 set of files they grind to a halt. So, I go back to my tried and true tools.
I'm thankful they exist and continue to work. It's a patchwork of folks and tools that keep this stuff running.
Check out their tools. Pay for them if you can. Read their stuff for interesting tips. It's all worth it.
- nvALT - Plaintext notes for desktop mac
- Editorial - Plaintext editor for iOS
- drafts - The quickest way to capture text on iOS
- Macstories - Detailed reviews of the apps that make plaintext go
- Macdrifter - A plaintext champion
- Dr. Drang - Does a great job of showing how folks other then software engineers can make these tools work for them
- Craig mod - Writes about fast, simple tools for publishing
ls -a | wc -lis about 1564↩